Character Profile: Sylvia Pendragon - "Pendra"
Name: Sylvia Pendragon
Birth date: Unknown, Thought to be somewhere in the late 80's
Weight: 140 lbs
Body Type: Fit
Hair color: Blonde
Eye color: Green
Raised and educated by a reclusive order of what appeared to be nuns, her education level is on par with a decent high school education, with strong emphasis on all things philosophical. Despite her religious upbringing, she finds herself questioning the teachings of the church more often than not.
Unknown, although she appears to not suffer financially.
- Father's Might: Excalibur grants Syl unparalleled swordsmanship. Ability so great, in fact that she could easily hold off three people with no problem.
- Rift Blade: The very metal used to forge the blade gives it unique elemental properties. It can burn as if made of fire, or seem to be made of a sheet of ice. Pendra need only will a change, and it will happen.
- Mystical Sight: Syl's bracelet, allows her to see the ebb and flow of magic in the world, which allows her to better ward off magical incursions.
- Realm-strider: When focused, Syl can cross over into one of the other realms, an ability that Arthur never fully mastered.
- Dragon Mail: When Syl draws Excalibur from the aether, she also dons the Dragon's mail. The Dragon's mail is near invulnerable, but will disappear should she be disarmed.
- True Heir: While she has been put under great duress, Syl's upbringing has led her to have a very centered soul. It is this trait in particular that allows her to wield Excalibur.
The once and future king has returned... and fallen. But, all is not lost, before he died, Arthur Pendragon managed to father a child. Hidden away to keep the child safe from those that would use her lineage for ill, Sylvia grew up living a rather protected life. In the depths of the home of the Watchers of Avalon, her only friend was The Lady, a by-product of an overactive imagination, or so the sisters told her.
On Syl's 18th Birthday, the Watchers of Avalon came under attack, and with the Lady's help she managed to escape through the cave system beneath the building, a cave that also housed Syl's father's sword, Excalibur. Armed with the magical sword of legend, Syl follows the trail of her would be killers to Supara. To learn the shocking truth of what lead to the brutal assault that destroyed everything she knew and loved.
Perky almost to a fault, Sylvia tries to live each day to its fullest, because if the assault on the Watchers of Avalon taught her nothing else, the world can end in the blink of an eye, and she wants to die with no regrets. With that said, when she, or someone/something she loves is threatened, she becomes a serious force to be reckoned with.
I wanted a character that could be a deadly force when provoked, and one that comes with a very simple flaw. She is tied to the sword, if she loses contact with Excalibur, she is as vulnerable as a kitten. Also, being as she is leaning more towards the magical, I wanted her to have no innate powers. Everything she can do, all of the power and magic all flow from the sword. Something that makes her very different from the rest of the pack.
Where would an Arthurian character be without The Lady of the Lake. Keep in mind, that the mythology behind the character is only going to be loosely borrowed from Arthurian Myth. I'm in the process of writing out a brand new spin on the Arthurian myth, and will hopefully delve more deeply into that once the SlamFiction experiment reaches its conclusion. One big focus, is my origin of the Lady of the Lake (or The Lady, for short). She is actually what ties Pendra to the powered world, and in fact, The Lady is one of the oldest living powers.